An immersive experience that involves researchers from five Countries with the aim of enhancing the dialogue between citizens and science, to actively participate in the most relevant social challenges of the present and the future.
UNITA is an alliance of six universities (UNITO, USMB, UPPA, UBI, UVT, UniZar) aiming at establishing a new model of increasingly collaborative and integrated teaching, research and innovation through enhanced mobility and with strong links to ecosystems.
The alliance is constructed around three key features:
- rural and cross-border mountain region location,
- Romance languages,
- innovative educational and research areas, especially in the fields of Renewable energies, Cultural heritage, and the Circular economy.
The UNITA Alliance is building a fully-fledged European inter-university campus based on excellent teaching and learning, research and innovation, and on civic engagement in a multilingual and student-centred environment.
UNIGHT offers an immersive experience in the research world. Scientific cafés and talks, exhibitions, prototypes and experiments, concerts, performances and much more:
- to engage researchers in a dialogue with societal actors by showing the impact of research (or its potential) on our daily life;
- to enhance the potential of citizens' proximity to science and make it visible showing the concrete benefits that a higher participation of people to the research process can bring;
- to enhance the dialogue between citizens, policy makers and scientists, by organising events to identify solutions on specific challenges connected to the territories.
The aim of the research is to reach bold and inspirational goals with high impact on society.